VIRTUAL SUMMER SCHOOL 2020
We worked diligently to increase our virtual Summer School opportunities for District 96 students. The interest in these opportunities far exceeded our predictions. We want to accommodate as many students as possible, but can offer only as many courses as we have teachers to teach them.
Like you, we are dedicated to ongoing learning and skill maintenance for our students. To that end, initially we made over 1500 Summer School "virtual seats" available to returning District 96 students in Kindergarten–Grade 7. We have increased that number to 4450, which accommodates 100 percent of returning students in a given grade level for one virtual course.
To make space for additional students:
- We identified and retained additional KCSD96 staff to teach each course.
- We are fixing erroneous registrations (students registered for more than one class scheduled at the same time and students registered for the incorrect grade level).
Before registering for virtual summer learning opportunities, please read all of the following information:
- Select your student's current grade-level tab and sign up for courses only on that grade-level tab.
- Do not sign up for multiple courses that occur at the same time.
- Do not sign up for multiple sessions of the same course.
The REVIEW course and the EXTENSION course are not designed to be taken together. Please select one or the other.
Trimester 3 Literacy & Math Review: Via Zoom, your student will review standards at the current grade level from Trimester 3 during 8 class sessions, 45 minutes in duration.
Literacy & Math Extension: Via Zoom, your student's thinking will be extended at the current and upcoming grade level in math and literacy during 8 class sessions, 45 minutes in duration.
STEAM: Via Zoom, your student will have the opportunity to explore science, technology, engineering, art, and math concepts specific to the current grade level during 8 class sessions, 45 minutes in duration.