TGIF…Twin Groves it’s Friday!
Next Friday, January 14th, will be a Half Day. Students will be dismissed at 11:10AM.
There will be no school on Monday, January 17th.
Ms. Baker and Mr. Maddox, School Social Workers
Ms. Koulentes, School Counselor
Ms. Leverentz, School Psychologist
As we move into the colder months that are made up of shorter sunlit hours, many students may become impacted by the weather and the change of seasons. The Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center has recommended 7 tips to help teens beat the seasonal blues:
1. Exposure to as much sunlight as possible. Encourage your child to take a walk outside or sit close to a window. Turning lights on in the house at night may even be helpful to keep students more alert during the evening hours.
2. Eat healthy foods to help improve mood. Focus on vegetables, fruits, and proteins. Be careful with eating too many carbohydrates. Although carbohydrates are comforting while eating them, they may make children feel sluggish afterwards.
3. Exercise can help prevent depression. Even short periods of exercise have been proven to help improve people’s moods. Find some free exercise classes on YouTube, bundle up and go for a walk outside, check to see if the Recreation Center in the area has open gym times and your child can play basketball with some friends, etc.
4. Listen to some uplifting music. Encourage your child to create a playlist of upbeat music that puts them in a good mood.
5. Do something kind for others. Generosity of time and spirit can help improve a child’s mood and keep them motivated to participate in different activities.
6. Stay social. Encourage your child to remain social over the winter months. If Covid is a concern, encourage your child to do things outside with friends or always wear a mask.
7. Relax and encourage your child to do things that they enjoy.
PRE-REGISTER FOR 2022–2023 KINDERGARTEN (and Get a Free Willow Grove Student T-Shirt!)
Pre-registration for 2022–2023 kindergarten is in-person or online. Incoming kindergarten students must be 5 years old by September 1, 2022 to register for the 2022-23 kindergarten school year.
In-Person Pre-Registration Option:
Thursday, January 13, 2022, 5–7 PM drop-in (Parents may also pre-register online during the month of January for the free T-Shirt)
Willow Grove Early Learning Center, 777 Checker Drive, Buffalo Grove, IL
Parents of incoming kindergartners will need to prove residency with required documents and District forms and will need to complete a brief online pre-registration form. (Incoming kindergartners do not need to be present.)
• CURRENT monthly mortgage, lease statement, or property tax bill AND
• CURRENT utility bill AND
• Student’s birth certificate, passport, or visa (photocopy not accepted) AND
• Parent or Guardian photo ID (Passport or Driver’s license)
• RESIDENCY FORM
• HOME LANGUAGE SURVEY
• ENROLLMENT FORM
Questions? Please contact the public info coordinator at [email protected] or 847.459.4260, ext. 8022.
Online Pre-Registration Option:
You do not have to attend in person to pre-register. Details coming soon. Please continue to watch for updates in the Principal's Message and District 96 website.
Click here to learn more about Kindergarten in District 96.
NEW *Covid Metrics*
To stay up-to-date this school year on local metrics, please visit the COVID DASHBOARD for District 96. Our priority remains to keep our students safe and follow guidance from the CDC. If your student is identified as a "close contact", you will be notified individually through the contact tracing process.
Please see Twin Groves website for up to date school announcements. The announcements let you know what exciting activities and clubs are going on at Twin Groves. Please click HERE to access the Daily Announcements.