ACTIVITIES [SPORTS AND CLUBS]
To try-out/participate, students are required to have a current year physical on file with the nurse.
- Cross Country [Cross Country Meet Schedule] [WEBSITE]
- Soccer [Soccer Meet Schedule]
- Girls Basketball [Girls Basketball Game Schedule] HIGHLIGHT VIDEO
- Poms - Perform during Boy's Basketball Home Games
- Boys Basketball [Boys Basketball Game Schedule]
- Wrestling - | Schedule | Directions | Parent Permission | Wrestling Information | Patriot Wrestling |
- Girl's Volleyball [Girls Volleyball Game Schedule] Revised 1/11/19
- Scholastic Bowl [Scholastic Bowl Meet Schedule]
- Boy's Volleyball [Boys Volleyball Game Schedule] Revised 3/7/19 7th Grade A Tournament | 7th Grade B Tournament | 8th Grade A Tournament | 8th Grade B Tournament
- Track [Track Meet Schedule] Website
Clubs and Study Halls meet from 2:30 - 3:15. Study Hall Locations
SKI CLUB LINK
- After-School Sports - Starts 8/22, will alternate Wednesdays and Thursdays. Students in all grades will get an opportunity to participate in different sports each week. Sponsor is Mr. Williams, large gym. Schedule
- Acceptance Club - Please come join us at the Acceptance Club. This club is meant to promote and discuss the acceptance of all people, specifically within the LGBTQ community. Club will meet every Thursday starting August 23rd in Ms. Myers room, 244.
- Athlete Training Program - Learn how to left weights and cross train properly. See Mr. Masse, room 121 or Ms. Heiden, LC with questions.
- Authors and Artists - First Meeting date: Wednesday, September 5th. Club will meet every other week. A club for students who like to write creatively, draw, make movies, and plan and organize a website. Student help will be need to advertise and collect creative pieces submitted by non-club members for annual eMagazine. Sponsor is Mrs. Savich, room 225.
- Chorus - Chorus for all grades will meet on Thursdays, starting 8/23. Sponsor is Ms. Bussert in Music room.
- Colt's Council - A community service club open to all students interested in giving back to their school and community. Colt's Council organizes spirit weekactivities and develops and coordinates chairty drives. This club meets every other week on Mondays, starting September 17th and alternates between sponsor classrooms. Sponsors are Ms. Schaefer, room 208, and Mrs. Howard, room 122.
- Creative Music Club - Did you like the movie School of Rock? If the answer is yes, you have to come check out the Creative Music Club! Our first informational meeting will be TBD from 2:30-3:15 in Mr. Greenberg's room 241. If you're interested in writing songs, lyric writing, jamming out, making videos, and listening and talking about music, this could be the club for you.
- Culture Club - Are you passionate about classical dance? Do you speak another language? Do you love origami? Would you like to learn more about countries and cultures all around the world? Culture Club is for you! Our first meeting is Wednesday, February 1st in Room 125 during the Activity Period. Absolutely everyone is welcome! Meeting Dates
- FACS Club - Open to students who are interested in experiencing and learning more about cooking. 7/8 grade will meet on Wednesdays starting 8/29. Sixth grade will meet in on Thursdays starting in January after Winter Break. Please listen to announcements for specific sign up days. Sponsor is Mrs. Papson in FACS room.
- Fall Play - This year's performance will be Goldilocks on Trial. Performance Date is Thursday, October 25th at 7 pm. Students in all grades are invited to audition. Auditions will be held on August 29th. Please sign up with Ms. Bussert outside the music room if you plan to audition. - Sponsor is Ms. Bussert.
- Geography Bee - School-wide geography competition. Students will compete in the preliminary rounds in their Social Studies classes. Finalists will then compete in a championship round. The competitions will be held in December/January. Sponsor is Mrs. Didech, room 224.
- History Fair - Meets on Mondays, starting 8/20 and is open to 6th, 7th and 8th graders. During our weekly meeting, students prepare for the annual competition where they preset their historical research projects on topics related to Illinois. Sponsor is Ms. Leone, room 105.
- Jewelry Making Club - Will meet weekly on Wednesdays beginning in December. Students will learn how to make their own jewelry. Sponsor is Mrs. Howard, room 122.
- Lean on Me - This club is for eighth graders only. You will help provide peer tutoring to other students and assist teachers and staff as needed. Lean on Me will meet on Mondays starting September 17, in room 223 for first trimester, room 40 second trimester, TBD third trimester. Sponsors are Mrs. Vileta, room 223 and Mrs. Papson, room 40.
- Lego & Game Club - This club is designed to provide members with an activity that expands their creativity and love for building with Legos. Also students who like to play board and card games are welcome to attend. Club will meet meet twice a month on Thursdays in the Learning Center. Listen to the Announcments for meeting dates. First meeting date is August 23rd. Sponsor is Mrs. Koulentes. Meeting Dates
- Math Club - Prepares students for Math Counts competitions. Group A will be students in 8th grade math and Stevenson math. Group B will be students in 6th grade math and 7th grade math. The club will begin in October and meet on Mondays. Sponsor is Mrs. Didech, room 224.
- Science Olympiad - There will be an information meeting for students on TBD, you only need to attend one meeting. Take Home Tests are due by TBD. Tryouts for the team will be TBD . Students are given an opportunity to show off their knowledge and love for Science by competing with other schools. Competition consists of 23 different science events centered around different science disciplines. Events may be academic and inquiry based or a construction event. Students focus on only a few events throughout the season. Sponsors are Mrs. McMullen, room 125.
- Scholastic Bowl - A fast-paced team academic competition. Much like Jeopardy and other trivia games, Scholastic Bowl tests students' knowledge in a number of areas such as mathematics, literature, social sciences, science and art. Informational meeting from 2:30-3:15. Tryouts will be December . Practices and Meets will be after the activity period starting at 3:15. You must have your own ride home. Meet Schedule. Practices end at 4:15. Sponsors are Mrs. Koulentes, room 52 and Ms. Dupree, room 55.
- Ski Club - Open to all students in the Winter. January 18 - Grand Geneva, Janaury 25 - Alpine Ski Resort, February 1 - Alpine Ski Resort. Students may either rent or bring their own skis and snowboards. Trips are held on Friday's from 2:30-11pm. Sponsor is Mr. Leven, room 201.
- Spanish Club - Hola Twin Grove!, If you are interested in the Spanish language and culture come joing Srta. Myers for Spanish Club where we will learn about and celebrate hispanic culture. Meeting dates are: 9/26, 10/24, 11/28, 12/19, 1/30, 2/27, 3/20, 4/24, 5/29.
- Spring Musical - Performance date: May 2nd. Show is TBD Information Packet/Permission slip, click here. Sponsors are Ms. Bussert and Ms. Ying.
- Variety Show - Practices will start in April. Show date is May 21st at 7 pm. Sponsors are Mr. Greenberg and Mr. Williams.
- Yearbook Club - Staff consists of students from each grade level. Meets weekly on Mondays from September through March. Members take school pictures, design the pages, and distribute the annual yearbook. Club will start September 17th and meet in the Learning Center. Sponsor is Mr. Leven, room 201.
- Youth Leadership Program (YLP) - Provides students with the opportunity to serve as a leader in academics, social emotional learning, and study skills. The YLP will develop the leadership of the student members while support the growth our of school community. Students will form connections to create an inclusive student body. Applications for membership are located in the lunchbox in Schoology. 6th grade sponsor is Mrs. Didech, room 224, 7th grade sponsor is Mrs. Kumin, room 243, 8th grade sponsor is Ms. Leone, room 105.