ACTIVITIES [SPORTS AND CLUBS]
- Parent Permission Required Consent Form
- Formulario de permiso de los padres para que su estudiante participe en actividades atleticas y deportes
- Concussion Info/Parent Sign-Off Form [Informacion sobre la Conmoncion Cerebral]
- Driving Directions to Area Middle Schools
- Activity Bus Routes
To try-out/participate, students are required to have a current year physical on file with the nurse.
- Cross Country [Cross Country Meet Schedule–completed] [WEBSITE]
- Soccer [Soccer Meet Schedule-completed] Boy's Schedule | Girl's Schedule
- Girls Basketball [Girls Basketball Game Schedule–completed]
- Poms - Perform during Boy's Basketball Home Games
- Boys Basketball [Boys Basketball Game Schedule-completed]
- Scholastic Bowl [Scholastic Bowl Meet Schedule]
- Boy's Volleyball [Boys Volleyball Game Schedule] Revised 2/26/20
- Track [Track Meet Schedule]
Clubs and Study Halls meet from 2:30 - 3:15. Study Hall Locations
SKI CLUB LINK
- Acceptance Club - This club is meant to promote and discuss the acceptance of all people, specifically within the LGBTQ community. Every single student is welcome to join us not matter what because Life Gets Better Together! First meeting will be Thursday, August 22. Sponsors are Ms Myers, room 244, Mrs. Pinta, room 242 and Ms. Sabin, room 220.
- After-School Sports - A wide variety of sports are played during the activity period in the large gym on alternating Wednesdays and Thursdays starting August 21st. Sponsor is Mr. Williams, room 240. Click here for schedule.
- Art Fair Club - Interested in showing off your artistic talents and showing your work in an art show? Seventh and eighth graders are invited to join. You must commit to making a least 3 peices of art for display in a Twin Groves Art Show in March. Students will be required to sign a contract committing to required behaviors, attidude and attendance. The club will meet on Mondays, starting September 9. Sponsor is Ms. Dodge, room 41.
- Book Club - This club is open to all students who are passionate about reading and want to share great books with each other. Club will meet on Wednesdays or Thursdays, starting September 5. Sponsors are Mrs. Kumin, room 243 and Mrs. Linnenburger, room 206.
- Catalyst Club - Catalyst is a substance abuse prevention club open to all grades. Members are currently engaged in: conducting Lunch & Learn with staff, advocating Marijuana Prevention, lobby for Tobacco 21 and leading Red Ribbon Week with middle school students. Meets every other Monday, starting September 23. Sponsored by Mr. Leven, room 201.
- Chorus - Chorus for all grades will meet on Thursdays, starting September 5. Sponsor is Ms. Bussert, room 45.
- Colt's Council - A community service club open to all students interested in giving back to their school and community. Colt's Council organizes spirit weekactivities and develops and coordinates chairty drives. This club meets Mondays starting September 9 in room 208, and alternates between sponsor classrooms. Sponsors are Mrs. Howard, room 122 and Ms. Schaefer, room 208.
- Craft Club - Craft Club will meet every other week in the Learning Center. A picture of what is being made will on the screens in the lunchroom with the date of the meeting. Sign-ups will be in the learning center in order for their to be enough materials for all participants. All grade levels are welcome. Sponsors are Mrs. Hoth and Mrs. Koulentes.
- Creative Music Club - Did you like the movie School of Rock? If the answer is yes, you have to come check out the Creative Music Club! This club will meet on Mondays starting, August 26. If you're interested in writing songs, lyric writing, jamming out, making videos, and listening and talking about music, this could be the club for you. Sponsor is Mr. Greenberg, room 243.
- Debate Club - Students will learn to tactfully argue and debate matters in a structured setting against their peers. We will prepare to defend both sides of topics, even if one does not agree with the stance. Debates can be as a team against another team, or they may compete one-on-one. Meetings are every other week on alternating Wednesdays and Thursdays. Meeting dates will be in the announcements. Sponsor is Mr. Dahlstrom, room 203. Permission Slip
- FACS Club - Open to students who are interested in experiencing and learning more about cooking. Starting date is August 28 for 7/8 graders. Sixth grade will start after winter break. Sponsor is Mrs. Papson, room 40.
- Fall Play - The play will be Snow White. Performance will be October 30, at 7 pm in the cafeteria. Sponsor is Ms. Bussert, room 45. Permission Slip
- Geography Bee - School-wide geography competition. Students will compete in the preliminary rounds in their Social Studies classes. Finalists will then compete in a championship round. The competitions will be held in December/January. Sponsor is Mrs. Didech, room 224.
- Guided Coalition of Interculturalism - We will work to make our school an accepting place of all cultures! If you are interested in cultures other than your own or want others to lean more about your unique culture, come join us at the Student GCI! First meeting will be Monday, August 26. Sponsor is Ms. Myers, room 244.
- History Fair - During our weekly meeting, students prepare for the annual competition where they preset their historical research projects on topics related to Illinois. Meets Mondays starting August 19. Sponsor is Ms. Leone, room 105.
- Jewelry Making Club - Students will learn how to make their own jewelry and other fun crafts. Club will meet on Mondays and fun from Mid-February through May. Sponsor is Mrs. Howard, room 122.
- Lean on Me - This club is open to ALL grade levels and designed to help teachers and students at Twin Groves. Come see what this club is all about and meet some new friends too. Lean on Me will meet on Mondays starting August 19th.. Sponsors are Mrs. Vileta (Trimester 1), room 223 and Mrs. Papson (Trimester 2), room 40.
- Lego & Game Club - This club is designed to provide members with an activity that expands their creativity and love for building with Legos. Also, students who like to play board and card games are welcome to attend. Club will meet every other Thursday, starting August 29, in the Learning Center. Listen to the Announcments for meeting dates. Sponsor is Mrs. Koulentes.
- Math Club - Prepares students for Math Counts competitions. Group A will be students in 8th grade math and Stevenson math. Group B will be students in 6th grade math and 7th grade math. The club will begin Monday, October 21. Sponsors are Mrs. Didech, room 224 and Mrs. Everett, room 226. Click here for schedule.
- Mindfulness and Yoga Club - Students will practice relaxation techniques, calming strategies, and yoga in a slow, yet productive manner. Will meet every other Thursday starting January 16th. Sponsor is Mrs. Kugler.
- Musical - Auditions will be in the spring, watch the announcement for audition dates. The musical preformance will be April 30, 7 pm. Sponsors are Mrs. Anderson, room 43 and Ms. Bussert, room 45.
- Newspaper Club - Sponsor is Mrs. Savich, room 205.
- Science Olympiad - Do you love Science, Engineering, or Computer Programing? hen com join Science Olympiad. Science Olympiad is an annual science competition that compets on a Local, Regional, State, and National Level. Students compete in several rigorous science challenges across an array of STEM areas. Each student will have the choice of choosing seveal academic or building events. There will be an informational meeting for students on September 18 and 19 (2:30-3:15), you only have to attend one of the meetings. Take-Home Tests are due by September 26. Tryouts for the team will be October 2 and 3 (2:30-4:30), you only have to attend one of these dates. October 15 is the first team meeting. Sponsors are Mr. Masse, room 121, Mr. Weiland, room 106 and Mrs. McMullen, room 125.
- Scholastic Bowl - A fast-paced team academic competition. Much like Jeopardy and other trivia games, Scholastic Bowl tests students' knowledge in a number of areas such as mathematics, literature, social sciences, science, and art. Tryouts will be TBD. Practices and Meets will be after the activity period starting at 3:15. You must have your own ride home. Meet Schedule. Practices end at 4:15. Sponsors are Mrs. McDevitt and Ms. Dupree, room 55.
- Ski Club - Open to all students in the Winter. Trip 1 - Wilmot(Epic) Mountain 1/17/2020, Trip 2 - Alpine Valley 1/31/2020, Trip 3 - Alpine Valley 2/7/2020. Students may either rent or bring their own skis and snowboards. Trips are held on Fridays from 2:30-11pm. Sponsor is Mr. Leven, room 201. Link
- Testing Center and Silent Study - Need a quite place to study or have a test to make up. Join Mrs. Coleman on Thursdays in her classroom. Sponsor is Mrs. Coleman, room 210.
- Ukulele/Keyboarding Club - If yu are interested in continuing to work on what you learned in elementary school, or if you just want to start from the beginning -- we are here to get you started. This club will meet starting this winter. Watch the announcements for the start date. Sponsor is Ms. Bussert, room 45.
- Variety Show - Come show off your talent. Auditons will be at the end of April. Performance will be May 21 at 7 pm in the Twin Groves cafeteria. Sponsors are Mr. Greenberg, room 241 and Mr. Williams, room 240.
- Yearbook Club - Members take school pictures, design the pages, and distribute the annual yearbook. Meetings are on Wednesday starting September 4 - March 1. All students are welcome. Sponsor is Mr. Leven, room 201.
- Youth Leadership Program (YLP) - Provides students with the opportunity to serve as a leader in academics, social emotional learning, and study skills. The YLP will develop the leadership of the student members while support the growth our of school community. Students will form connections to create an inclusive student body. Applications for membership are located in the lunchbox in Schoology.