Opportunities will be updated as the school year begins and throughout the year. Please check back.
ACTIVITIES [SPORTS AND CLUBS]
To try-out/participate, students are required to have a current year physical on file with the nurse.
- Cross Country [Cross Country Meet Schedule] [WEBSITE]
- Soccer [Soccer Meet Schedule]
- Girls Basketball [Girls Basketball Game Schedule] HIGHLIGHT VIDEO
- Poms - Perform during Boy's Basketball Home Games
- Boys Basketball [Boys Basketball Game Schedule]
- Wrestling - | Schedule | Directions | Parent Permission | Wrestling Information | Patriot Wrestling |
- Girl's Volleyball [Girls Volleyball Game Schedule]
- Scholastic Bowl [Scholastic Bowl Meet Schedule]
- Boy's Volleyball [Boys Volleyball Game Schedule]
- Track [Track Meet Schedule]
Clubs and Study Halls meet from 2:30 - 3:15. Study Hall Locations
SKI CLUB LINK
- Acceptance Club - This club is meant to promote and discuss the acceptance of all people, specifically within the LGBTQ community. Sponsors are Ms Myers, room 244, Mrs. Pinta, room 242 and Ms. Sabin, room 220.
- After-School Sports - A wide variety of sports are played during the activity period on alternating Wednesdays and Thursdays. Sponsor is Mr. Williams, room 240.
- Art Fair - Sponsor is Ms. Dodge.
- Book Club - Sponsors are Mrs. Kumin, room 243 and Mrs. Linnenburger, room 206.
- Authors and Artists - A club for students who like to write creatively, draw, make movies, and plan and organize a website. Student help will need to advertise and collect creative pieces submitted by non-club members for annual eMagazine.
- Catalyst Club - Sponsored by Mr. Leven, room 201.
- Chorus - Chorus for all grades will meet on day TBD, starting TBD. Sponsor is Ms. Bussert.
- Colt's Council - A community service club open to all students interested in giving back to their school and community. Colt's Council organizes spirit weekactivities and develops and coordinates chairty drives. This club meets TBD and alternates between sponsor classrooms. Sponsors are Mrs. Howard, room 122 and Ms. Schaefer, room 208.
- Craft Club - Sponsors are Mrs. Hoth and Mrs. Koulentes.
- Creative Music Club - Did you like the movie School of Rock? If the answer is yes, you have to come check out the Creative Music Club! Our first informational meeting will be TBD. If you're interested in writing songs, lyric writing, jamming out, making videos, and listening and talking about music, this could be the club for you. Sponsor is Mr. Greenberg, room 243.
- Debate Club - Sponsor is Mr. Dahlstrom, room 203.
- FACS Club - Open to students who are interested in experiencing and learning more about cooking. Sponsor is Mrs. Papson.
- Fall Play - Sponsor is Ms. Bussert.
- Geography Bee - School-wide geography competition. Students will compete in the preliminary rounds in their Social Studies classes. Finalists will then compete in a championship round. The competitions will be held in December/January. Sponsor is Mrs. Didech, room 224.
- History Fair - During our weekly meeting, students prepare for the annual competition where they preset their historical research projects on topics related to Illinois. Sponsor is Ms. Leone, room 105.
- Jewelry Making Club - Students will learn how to make their own jewelry. Sponsor is Mrs. Howard, room 122.
- Lean on Me - This club is for eighth graders only. You will help provide peer tutoring to other students and assist teachers and staff as needed. Lean on Me will meet on days TBD. Sponsors are Mrs. Papson and Mrs. Vileta, room 223.
- Lego & Game Club - This club is designed to provide members with an activity that expands their creativity and love for building with Legos. Also, students who like to play board and card games are welcome to attend. Club will meet TBD. Listen to the Announcments for meeting dates. First meeting date is TBD. Sponsor is Mrs. Koulentes.
- Math Club - Prepares students for Math Counts competitions. Group A will be students in 8th grade math and Stevenson math. Group B will be students in 6th grade math and 7th grade math. The club will begin in TBD and meet on day TBD. Sponsors are Mrs. Didech, room 224 and Mrs. Everett, room 226.
- Mindfulness and Yoga Club - Sponsor is Mrs. Kugler.
- Musical - Sponsors are Mrs. Anderson and Ms. Bussert.
- Newspaper Club - Sponsor is Mrs. Savich, room 205.
- Science Olympiad - Students are given an opportunity to show off their knowledge and love for science by competing with other schools. Competition consists of 23 different science events centered around different science disciplines. Events may be academic and inquiry-based or a construction event. Students focus on only a few events throughout the season. There will be an informational meeting for students on TBD. Take-Home Tests are due by TBD. Tryouts for the team will be TBD. Sponsors are Mr. Masse, room 121, Mr. Weiland, room 106 and Mrs. McMullen, room 125.
- Scholastic Bowl - A fast-paced team academic competition. Much like Jeopardy and other trivia games, Scholastic Bowl tests students' knowledge in a number of areas such as mathematics, literature, social sciences, science, and art. Tryouts will be TBD. Practices and Meets will be after the activity period starting at 3:15. You must have your own ride home. Meet Schedule. Practices end at 4:15. Sponsors are Mrs. McDevitt and Ms. Dupree, room 55.
- Ski Club - Open to all students in the Winter. Trip Dates TBD. Students may either rent or bring their own skis and snowboards. Trips are held on Fridays from 2:30-11pm. Sponsor is Mr. Leven, room 201.
- Spanish Club - Hola Twin Groves! If you are interested in the Spanish language and culture come to Spanish Club. Meeting dates are: TBD. Sponsor is Ms. Myers, room 244.
- Sports Performance Club - Sponsors are Ms. Annunziata and Mr. Masse, room 121.
- Testing Center and Silent Study - Sponsor is Mrs. Coleman, room 210.
- Ukulele/Keyboarding Club - Sponsor is Ms. Bussert.
- Variety Show - Sponsors are Mr. Greenberg, room 241 and Mr. Williams, room 240.
- Yearbook Club - Staff consists of students from each grade level. Meets weekly on day TBD from September through March. Members take school pictures, design the pages, and distribute the annual yearbook. Sponsor is Mr. Leven, room 201.
- Youth Leadership Program (YLP) - Provides students with the opportunity to serve as a leader in academics, social emotional learning, and study skills. The YLP will develop the leadership of the student members while support the growth our of school community. Students will form connections to create an inclusive student body. Applications for membership are located in the lunchbox in Schoology.