No School on Wednesday 10/9, Thursday 10/10, and Friday 10/11 next week
No School on Monday 10/14 - Teacher Institute Day
School Yard Scamper
A huge thank you to Mrs. Lehtman and Mr. Nickle for organizing a wonderful School Yard Scamper Family Fun Walk/Run this year. The time and planning that goes into this event is... A LOT... and we appreciate your dedication to our beloved Prairie School tradition. Thank you to all the parents who came out to volunteer. We could not run this event without you!
Specials News: What's Happening in Art Class?
-The first grade has been creating abstract color study paintings using geometric shapes, and now are starting cardboard sculptures.
-The second grade has been creating paper weavings.
-The third grade created landscape paintings that used line to create mood, and are now starting to create maps of their neighborhood.
-The fourth grade has studied complementary colors and is now creating a drawing to represent a cultural tradition or holiday.
-The fifth grade is creating drawings that use shading to create depth.
**Don’t forget to go to Artsonia to see all the wonderful artwork they are creating.
Follow me on twitter to see what we are doing in art class @MrMorrisArt.
A Message from Nurse Strom
For safety, all birthday treats for the class must come in the ORIGINAL packaging, or they will not be delivered to the classroom. Please refer to the APPROVED SNACK LIST and choose only snacks included on that list. Goodie Bags are NOT allowed. Thank you–we appreciate your support in keeping our students safe!
Picture retakes are scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 23rd. If you would like your child’s picture retaken, please send in the original package. If your child was absent on our first picture day, please send in the picture package payment on Oct. 23rd. Your child will give the payment to the photographer.
Cross with the Crossing Guards
If your child is a walker, please be sure to review with him/her that they MUST use the crossing guards to cross the street before and after school. We have two crossing guards. One at Brandywyn and Kingsbridge and the other at Brandywyn and Thompson. Yes, there is a crosswalk the leads to the blacktop path that winds through the neighborhood, however, this is not a safe crossing during after school hours with many, many cars driving around the low-visibility curve.
- Start time is approximately 1:15pm on Thursday, October 31st
- Parents are welcome to watch outside
- If the weather is inclement, the parade will be inside for students and staff only
- Students exit the doors on Kingsbridge, walk toward Brandywyn, up around the circle drive, and re-enter the building through the gym doors
- The assembly is for students and staff only due to space constraints
- Classroom parties begin at approximately 2:00pm and end at 2:45pm
- Only parent party volunteers may attend classroom parties
- If you are a volunteer, it is highly recommended that you have your driver's license scanned into our security system prior to party day so that your badge will be ready for you when you arrive at school
Going Home for Lunch:
- Students must be picked up in the office by a parent if they are going home to change into their costumes
- Please click here for grade level lunchtimes
- Students will change into their costumes after the lunch period
- Must be appropriate for school
- No masks, blood, super scary stuff, general iciness, or weapons
- No cigars or cigarettes
- No bare tummies
- Please keep hair coloring and make-up simple
Thank you for your help and support in making our Prairie Halloween festivities fun and safe.