Previous Parent Network Presentations
Ever had a job where you had no previous experience, no training, you couldn't quit, and peoples' lives were at stake? That's parenting.
Topics addressed by the District 96 Parent-to-Parent Network:
- Effective Discipline: Lead Your Kids to Better Outcomes
- No More Cookie-Cutter Parenting: Understanding Personality and Character
- The 10 Top Mistakes Good Parents Make
- Raising Ethical Kids in a Competitive World
- The Significance of the Pause: Teaching Your Child to Think Before Acting
- Emotional Intelligence: Teaching Empathy and Compassion
- Stress and Achievement: How Much Is Enough?
- Recognizing Bullying and Preparing Your Child to Cope
- Body Image: Media and Family Influences
- Rescuing the Family Dinner
- Piggy Banking: Teaching Children About Spending, Saving, and Giving
- What Really Is Healthy Self-Esteem?
- Kindergarten 101 for parents
- Transitioning to Middle School: A Guide for Parents of 5th Graders
- Simplifying Stevenson: How High School Students Choose Their Classes, Juggle Extra Curriculars, and Manage Their Workload