Welcome back from Spring Break! The weather outside is finally feeling like spring and we are in full swing planning our Spring PTO activities! Please read the blog carefully to learn about our Spring Bookfair, Culver's Day, Fifth-Grade Night Out, and other fun PTO opportunities!
First- and Second-Grade ZOOM MOVIE NIGHT – Fri., Apr. 9
Please join the PTO for our First- and Second-Grade ZOOM Movie Night this Fri., Apr. 9, from 6:30–8:30 PM. This year's movie will be shown over Zoom, where kids can chat with their friends while enjoying a Movie Basket. The Zoom link will open at 6:30 PM and will be emailed at 3 PM today (Apr. 9) to the email provided on Membership Toolkit. Please note: This is not a shareable link.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the PTO at [email protected]
Culver's Kildeer Day
Support Kildeer when you dine at Culver's of Buffalo Grove on Thurs., Apr. 15, any time from 10 AM–10 PM. Culver's will donate 25% of group sales back to the Kildeer PTO!! Options are drive through, dine in, and pick up. Just don't forget to mention that you are supporting Kildeer School!
Spring Virtual Book Fair
We are hosting a Virtual Scholastic Book Fair from Mon., Apr. 19, through Sun., Apr. 25.
The Virtual Fair is a fantastic way to get books in the hands of your students to keep them reading at home. Support our school and help your child discover new books, favorite characters, value packs, and more!
- All purchases benefit Kildeer Countryside and earn rewards
- Shop Book Fair exclusives, bestsellers, skill-builders, and more
- Orders ship direct to your home
- Book-only orders over $25* receive FREE shipping
- Over 6000 items to choose from through the Scholastic Store Online
Staff and Teacher Appreciation Is Coming Up!
We will be celebrating the wonderful educators and staff at Kildeer the week of May 3–7. The PTO is currently at work planning the special ways we will celebrate all the amazing teachers and staff at Kildeer each day of that week. Please keep an eye on our Facebook Page and Instagram for ways you can help contribute and show your appreciation for the teachers and staff at our fantastic school!
Fifth-Grade Night Out – DATE CHANGE NEW: Save the Date: May 13
The Kildeer and Country Meadows PTOs are hosting an outdoor "in-person" joint event for all 5th graders! At the event, students will have a chance to get to know one another, have fun with team-building games, and enjoy treats!! We will mix students from both schools so our 5th graders will have an opportunity to meet their new future 6th-grade classmates. Details are currently in the works, but be sure to mark the date in your calendars. This is an event your 5th grader will not want to miss!!
2021–22 PTO Committee Chair Positions Open
We have assembled our Nominating Committee and are now looking to fill several open positions for our Committee Chairpersons for the 2021–22 school year. Interested in meeting other parents, being involved in your child's school, and being "in the know" about school happenings? Consider joining a committee!
CLICK HERE to explore opportunities for the PTO Committee Chairperson positions. If you have questions or may be interested, contact [email protected] Thank you for considering volunteering your time and your talents to the Kildeer PTO. We could not offer these programs for our students and the school without your support.
School Supply Kits for the 2021–22 School Year
We're pleaed to announce that we are again offering the convenient services of School Supply Kits for the 2021–22 school year! Our vendor will deliver your kit(s) straight to your home! Rather than PTO volunteers, SchoolKidz will handle all aspects of your order–including your questions about ordering from their website and free shipping direct to your home. The opportunity to place your order will begin Mon., May 3, 2021. There will be more specific instructions and a Kildeer School Code available soon, so please stay tuned.... A link to make your purchase will be available in the Kildeer PTO Membership Toolkit in May.
PTO Gift– Light-Up STEM Kits Still Available
LIGHT UP your day with a Light-Up Card-Making STEM Kit purchased by the PTO for all Kildeer students. They can explore the STEM of circuits and create a unique greeting card for a loved one. Kits are available for pick up at Kildeer School. They are located right inside the main entrance. The entrance is open from 8 AM–3 PM (M–F) while school is in session. Please note: Take only one per student.
Together, let's show our teachers how much we care! This year, in lieu of classroom collections, we are asking for general donations for teachers' gifts. Funds raised were used to purchase holiday gifts and will be used for end-of-year gifts for all Kildeer teachers and staff. If you would like to recognize an individual teacher, we ask that you coordinate that on your own. Please donate by May 15 on the Kildeer PTO Membership Toolkit.
Box Tops Collection is ONGOING
Help the PTO earn funds to purchase supplies forour school by sending in your Box Tops! Box Tops are on many household products, including General Mills, Ziploc, Annie's, and many more! We are NOT currently accepting physical Box Tops; however, there is an easier way to collect Box Tops. Instead, download the Box Tops for Education app and scan your receipts to submit Box Tops electronically. Please scan your receipts! Box Tops scanned now will apply for our fall collection. Thanks! Questions? Contact [email protected]
Show Your Kildeer Spirit–ORDER SPIRITWEAR TODAY
We have some awesome spiritwear to purchase this year! The kiddos will definitely want a hoodie to sport during their Zoom class, right? Show your Cougar pride and place your spiritwear order today! Spiritwear is open all year and will make a great gift. Your items will be delivered directly to your home address. We have many new designs and options to choose from for your student or yourself! We have two different stores this year to maximize your choices! Shop on BoomThread and Apparel Now for customizable spirit apparel, hats, and accessories.
Membership Toolkit Instructions–Sign Up Today!
The PTO uses an online database system called Membership Toolkit to organize our school activities. This system will better assist us in conducting business, organizing our volunteers, and streamlining our communications to you. Plus, parents can pay for events by credit card and easily view what they have purchased!
A FRIENDLY REMINDER REGARDING MEMBERSHIP TOOLKIT: Please be sure you complete the checkout process by clicking PLACE ORDER. A receipt will pop up on Membership Toolkit immediately after you place your order and you will be emailed a receipt shortly after you place your order. If you do not receive a receipt, then your order was not placed!
Let's Get Started!
1. CLICK HERE to access our Kildeer PTO Membership Toolkit. If you have already created an account to order school supplies for the 2019–20 school year, your account is still valid. Just log in! If you are new to the Kildeer PTO Membership Toolkit, create an account using your personal email address.
2. Update your Family Information from the link on the homepage. Validate your family contact information and update the current grade level for each of your students at Kildeer in this 2020-21 school year. If your former Kildeer student has moved on to Woodlawn Middle School, click the box to indicate that he or she is no longer a Kildeer student.
3. Sign up! The following forms are available:
- PTO Chairperson Sign-Up–We still need chairpersons! Sign up today!
- PTO Committee Volunteer Opportunities – Get involved in the Kildeer community by volunteering for one of our awesome committees! There are a ton of ways to support Kildeer. Sign up today!
- PTO Dues – If you did not pay PTO dues during online registration, you can pay via Membership Toolkit.
4. Check out! Once you have made your selections, click the Proceed to Checkout button at the bottom of the screen. Make payment through PayPal or a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover). Sorry–no cash or checks can be accepted for pre-pay events or items.
5. Continue to read the Kildeer PTO Blog for updates–we will add opportunities throughout the year!
PTO Commitment to Kildeer
The Kildeer PTO is committed to supporting Kildeer staff, students, and community during this very difficult time. We are devoting efforts to programs and events that promote community and connectedness during the 2020-21 school year. As such, we will prioritize donated funds on the following:
- to support students in new and creative ways
- to recognize and support teachers and staff
- to support the school by purchasing needed Wish List items
This year your donations are more important than ever, as the PTO will continue to support as many programs as possible, without the income-generating programs we normally offer.
Together we can sponsor many programs for our students, staff, and families. Please consider making a donation today.
All donations are greatly appreciated! You will receive an email receipt for tax records.
Questions or concerns throughout the year? Our PTO Board is happy to help!