The 2019-2020 School Year is Right Around the Corner....
We hope you all had a wonderful summer and are ready for the new school year to begin! The Kildeer PTO is busy making plans for the 2019-20 school year!
We invite all of you to check out our online database MEMBERSHIP TOOLKIT! If you are a first-year parent or have new students attending Kildeer, make sure you take time this week to register or update your family information on Membership Toolkit. All forms (Dessert Day, Classroom Volunteers, Room Parent & Committee Volunteers, Special Lunch, etc.) will be available on Membership Toolkit on Mon., Aug. 12. See below for more detailed instructions on Membership Toolkit.
MEET THE TEACHER/PTO FAIR – Tues., Aug. 13
All Kildeer families and students are invited to join us in the Kildeer Small Gym for a PTO INFORMATION AND VOLUNTEER FAIR on Tues., Aug. 13, from 8:30-10 AM (during Meet the Teacher Day). This is the best way to get all your questions answered from the PTO Executive Board and Committee Chair volunteers. You can sign up for activities and get information on all of the events we have planned for this year! We will also be selling Kildeer Spirit Wear – we have a new vendor with lots of new and cool designs, so stop on by and get your COUGAR PRIDE apparel and be ready for Spirit Day! Read on below for more information on our new Spirit Wear websites.
School Supply Kits
If you pre-ordered school supply kits last spring, there is nothing else you need to do! You will find the school supply kit in your child's classroom when you arrive to Meet the Teacher on Aug. 13. If you have any questions regarding school kit preorders please contact Valerie Converse or Lauren Zuccaro. We are sorry, but at this time we do not have any extra kits.
Show Your Kildeer Spirit - Order Spiritwear Today!
Show your Cougar Pride and place your SpiritWear order today! New this year, our Spiritwear Store will be open all school year!! Your items will be delivered directly to your home address! We have many new designs and options to choose from for your student or yourself! We have 2 different stores this year to maximize your choices! Shop on BoomThread or shop on Apparel Now for customizable spirit apparel, hats, and accessories. Please contact Elizabeth McInerney with any questions regarding spiritwear.
Dessert Day will begin Aug. 22 and continue every Thursday until the end of the year.
Our first dessert day will be a FREE Dessert Day to help kick off the year, and all kids will be offered ice cream during lunch on Aug. 22. Every Thursday after Aug. 22, your child must have a card to be able to get ice cream. Be sure to purchase your Dessert Day Card and guarantee that your child will get to enjoy the dessert of his/her choice every Thursday during lunch! You can also purchase ice cream for the class to celebrate your child’s birthday! All orders must be placed by end of day Saturday to guarantee a Dessert Day card for the following Thursday. Sign up now on MEMBERSHIP TOOLKIT so your child is ready to enjoy dessert with his/her friends at lunch!
SAVE THE DATE: PTO GENERAL MEETING Sept. 6 at 9 AM
Mark your calendars and join us for coffee and great conversation during our first General PTO meeting of the 2019-2020 school year on Fri., Sept. 6, at 9:00 AM in the Kildeer Countryside Cafeteria! This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the PTO and different ways to get involved in the Kildeer Countryside community! Remember, this is our only General PTO meeting until the end of the year, so we hope to see you there!
2019–20 COMMITTEE CHAIR POSITIONS OPEN:
CONSIDER SHARING YOUR TIME AND TALENTS WITH THE KILDEER PTO!
Interested in meeting other parents, being involved in your child's school, or even being part of his or her day? Consider chairing a PTO committee for the 2019–2020 school year. There are many different opportunities available. Explore opportunities available for Committee Chairperson positions. If you have questions or may be interested in a committee, please feel free to contact Marlene Aaron or Rebecca Bacci. Thank you for considering volunteering your time and your talents to the KILDEER PTO. We could not offer these programs for our students and the school without your support!
We are asking ALL—both RETURNING chairs and NEW chairs—to go to MEMBERSHIP TOOLKIT to sign up. Log in to your family account and find the sign-up on the home screen.
We are still in need of chairs for our Cultural Arts Committee! The Cultural Arts Committee not only gets to see the performances (which are normally closed to parents), they get to work with Mrs. Kieser to help choose which shows our students get to see. There is a special Cultural Arts Showcase in the fall that the committee attends, so there's no need to try to find ideas on your own!
We also need chairs for our Bingo Blast Committee. Organize the family BINGO event, including silent auction, raffles, and food sales. Coordinate the collection of the items for the raffle and BINGO prizes. Organize committees that will be responsible for volunteers, prizes, decorations, set-up, advertisement etc. Event Date: Fri., Feb. 21.
Another great committee looking for chairs is the Community Giveback Committee. Coordinate the Fall Toy and Coat Drives to benefit communities within the surrounding area. Work with Mrs. Norman and Toys for Tots for the Toy collection. This is a low time commitment committee which benefits those less fortunate than many of us. Events are at the end of October through early December.
We are still in need of chairs for our Class Pictures Committee. Coordinate volunteers to assist photographers for school pictures on Picture Day in September. This is great opportunity to be sure your child is photo-ready for his or her school picture!
We are still in need of chairs for Evening Story Time. Coordinate the evening with Principal Kieser. Pick out a story and readers for the event. Publicize and invite all Kildeer 1st graders and Willow Grove Kindergartners who will be attending Kildeer School in Fall 2020. The event date is Thurs., Apr. 23.
Please feel free to share this information with any friends/parents you think might be interested in chairing a committee next year, including families with incoming 1st graders. We would love to have as many families as possible involved in the wonderful activities we plan for the students at Kildeer. We thank you for your continued support of the Kildeer PTO and look forward to having you join us this year!
Membership Toolkit Instructions – Sign Up Today!!
The PTO uses an online database system called Membership Toolkit to organize our school activities. This system will better assist us in conducting business, organizing our volunteers, and streamlining our communications to you. Plus, parents can pay for events by credit card and easily view what they have purchased!
Let’s get started!
1. Access our Kildeer PTO Membership Toolkit webpage. If you have already created an account to order school supplies last year, your account is still valid – just log in! If you are new to Membership Toolkit, you will need to create an account using your personal email address.
2. Update your Family Information from the link on the homepage. Validate your family contact information and update your student(s) current grade in school (for the 2019–2020 school year). If you have a student who is now at Woodlawn or another school, click the box to indicate he or she is no longer a student.
3. Sign up! The following forms will be available Mon., Aug. 12!
• PTO Chairperson Sign-Up – we are still in need of Chairpersons for Bingo Blast, 5th-Grade Transition Day, and more! Sign up today!
• PTO Committee Volunteer Opportunities – Get involved in the Kildeer community by volunteering for one of our awesome committees! There are a ton of ways to support Kildeer – sign up today!
• PTO Dues – If you did not pay PTO dues during school registration last spring, you can pay via Membership Toolkit.
• Special Lunch – View the menu options for our Special Lunch program and select your entrees for each child. Please note that if you have more than one Kildeer student, you will need to sign up for Special Lunch for each child.
• Dessert Day Cards and Birthday Celebrations – Sign up for a Dessert Day card to get a treat every Thursday. Celebrate your child’s birthday by buying ice cream for the class. Make sure to list their teacher and birthday – we will work to get everybody a birthday celebration date as close to their actual birthday or half-
• Classroom Parent Volunteers - Volunteer in your child's classroom throughout the year. Opportunities include Room Parent, Cougar Press parent (new this year!) and Volunteering at classroom parties.
Please note that classroom parent volunteer opportunities are limited. If the response for volunteers is greater than the need, we will use a lottery system to choose volunteers and will attempt to include as many families as possible. Sign up for all you are interested in to increase your opportunity to be involved! Volunteers will be notified by email in September.
4. Checkout! Once you have made your selections, click the “Proceed to Checkout” button at the bottom of the screen. Payment is made through PayPal. All major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) accepted. Sorry, no checks or cash are accepted for pre-pay events.
5. Continue to watch the blog for updates – we will continue to add opportunities throughout the year!