Dear Kildeer Families,
This was a week of celebration, indeed! We held our very first buddy classrooms of the year, with our students and staff proudly wearing Kildeer spirit wear! Connecting back to our book theme, students had an opportunity to ASK REALLY GREAT QUESTIONS of each other and learn about their buddies. I loved hearing comments like, "I'm so excited that I am finally old enough to be the older buddy!" We also tried something a little different and had students enter school with bubbles blowing. This was a huge success and caused smiles all around. I think we can agree that we are never too old for bubbles!
We also celebrated with you this week during conferences. Our staff continues to be very proud of our Kildeer students for working hard during the first months of school. Next month you will receive an official report card indicating progress for the end of the first trimester. As always, great communication is a priority for us so please don't hesitate to reach out to your child's teacher if you have any further questions.
NEW *Halloween Costumes*
Stores are full of Halloween costumes, and I'm sure that your child is excitedly looking forward to getting a Halloween costume together for this year's festivities. When selecting or creating a costume with your child to wear at school, please be sure that the following expectations are followed:
- Must be appropriate for school
- No masks, blood, super scary stuff, general ickiness, or weapons
- No cigars or cigarette items
- No bare tummies
- Please keep hair coloring and make-up simple
**If you are unsure about a costume or costume prop, please contact your child's classroom teacher. Students whose costumes do not meet these expectations will be asked to adjust their costume for the school festivities.**
NEW *Halloween Parade & Parties*
On Friday, October 29, all students will have the opportunity to participate in a parade outdoors (dependent upon the weather) as well as the classroom party. Please see some reminders below:
- The parade may be viewed by families outdoors along the front of our school, starting by the large gym doors. Families should remain across the driveway to view students on the sidewalk. Thank you for being mindful of social distancing.
- If it rains, it will be indoors for students and staff only.
Parties will begin at approximately 2:00 pm and end at 2:45 pm. Only PTO-approved parent party volunteers may attend classroom parties. Please see more party volunteer information below.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR PTO PARTY VOLUNTEERS
- Parents attending the parties may not bring additional family members, other children, etc. We need everyone to abide by this and will have to ask you to leave if you come with other attendees.
- Every PTO volunteer approved to come into our school MUST have their license or ID scanned through our security system to enter. You have to bring this with you or you will not be able to enter. There is always a very long line at this first party, so please anticipate this. We highly encourage PTO room party volunteers to swing by Kildeer sometime in October before the party to have their license scanned, which will speed up the process. The more people who come in early to be scanned, the shorter the line! You may also come on the day of the Halloween party BEFORE THE PARADE to have your license scanned.
- All volunteers must have followed our procedures for verifying vaccination or have proof of a negative Covid test. Call the office with questions.
- All volunteers must wear a mask at all times and remain socially distanced.
NEW *Long Grove Fire Protection District Resources*
As promised, the Long Grove Fire Protection District has shared its first fire safety video with us, this one on Smoke Detectors. Please check out this video in your Virtual BackPack.
NEW *Superintendent Survey Closes Today
One final reminder: Today ~ Friday, Oct. 8 ~ is the FINAL day to complete the Superintendent Search Survey. Click here for the link.
NEW *Lunch choices changed for next week*
Organic Life has made a slight menu change for next week. Please note the following choices:
- Oct. 14 all-beef hot dog or cheese-filled bosco sticks
- Oct. 15 chicken corn dog or a personal pan pizza
As always, students can order their lunch in the morning with their teachers
Repeat *Covid Metrics*
To stay up-to-date this school year on local metrics, please visit the COVID DASHBOARD for District 96. Our priority remains to keep our students safe and follow guidance from the CDC. If your student is identified as a "close contact", you will be notified individually through the contact tracing process.
KCSD96 Family Technology Hub! The District 96 Family Technology Hub is designed to guide families through technology tools.
Please email [email protected] with any tech-related support needed.
*** PTO News ***
Follow us on Facebook: KildeerPTO & Instagram: KildeerPTO
Check out the blog!
I have appreciated our PTO in my blog a few times now, but I don't think there will ever be enough appreciation to go around. These amazing volunteers take such good care of us at Kildeer. We know how fortunate we are to have our PTO supporting our students, staff, and community. Thank you so much for the incredible dinner spread for conferences. It was delicious!
Next week there is no school on Monday, October 11. We will see our students back on Tuesday.
Mrs. Vail Kieser