Need Tech support for your student? Send email to [email protected]
THE WEEK AHEAD:
Tues., Dec. 15
• Early Release Day
Willow Grove AM KDG/EC Blended dismiss at 10 a.m.
Willow Grove PM KDG/EC Blended dismiss at 2 p.m.
Willow Grove Structured dismisses at 2 p.m.
Grades 1–5 dismiss at 2 p.m.
Grades 6–8 dismiss at 1:30 p.m.
• Board of Education regular meeting
AGENDA | VIRTUAL MEETING LINK – 7 p.m.
• Finance: AGENDA | VIRTUAL MEETING LINK – 5:30 p.m.
• Policy: AGENDA | VIRTUAL MEETING LINK – 6:30 p.m.
Wed., Dec. 16
• PM Asynchronous Wednesday – students will participate in asynchronous activities during the afternoon. Focus: Digital citizenship. (Monthly asynchronous days were created to give students the opportunity to participate in topics that will enhance our current curricular content and allow teachers time to plan future instruction together. The next Asynchronous Wednesday will be Jan. 13.) See Principals' Messages for more info.
• Parent Learning Opportunity with guest expert Dr. Victoriya Tsaran: Managing Parental Stressors and How Your Own Mental Health May Affect Your Children, 7 p.m. (Virtual)
REGISTER (See details below)
Thurs., Dec. 17
• Last day to preorder optional free meals (by 10 AM) for pick-up on Dec. 21 (See details below)
Fri., Dec. 18
• Last day of school before Winter Break– Best wishes for a relaxing holiday and a happy and healthy new year
Classes resume Mon., Jan. 4, 2021.
NEW INFO REGARDING PREORDERED FREE MEALS
Preorder Free Meals for Pick-Up During Winter Break
NOTE: Preorders must be in by 10 AM on THURSDAY for pick-up in the week ahead.
- Order by 10 AM on THURSDAY, Dec. 17, to pick up meals (meal packs for 5 days) on Mon., Dec. 21.
- Order by 10 AM on THURSDAY, Dec. 24, to pick up meals (meal packs for 5 days) on Mon., Dec. 28.
Preordering Free Meals in 2021
The last day to preorder free meals for the week ahead is changing. You’ll need to preorder by 10 AM on Thursdays, not Fridays.
- Order by 10 AM on THURSDAY, Dec. 31, to pick up meals on Mon., Jan. 4 (meal packs for 3 days) and Thurs., Jan. 7 (meal packs for 2 days).
The first step is to create an account to use for preordering meals. SEE INFO
Pick up preordered meals 11 AM–2 PM on Mondays (3 breakfast/lunch meal packs) and Thursdays (2 breakfast/lunch meal packs) at either Twin Groves or Woodlawn Middle School. At the school, follow these routes for picking up meals, please:
TWIN GROVES MAP | WOODLAWN MAP
This program serves students through age 18, but the current online ordering system does not accommodate students who are not currently enrolled in District 96. Please request meals for your older students from the staff delivering your preordered meals to your vehicle. Extra meals will be available to meet this anticipated need.
Please direct your questions to the public info coordinator.
PARENT LEARNING OPPORTUNITY from the District 96 Parent Network
Managing Parental Stressors and How Your Own Mental Health May Affect Your Children
On Dec. 16 at 7 p.m., expert guest speaker Dr. Victoriya Tsaran, clinical director of Progressive Psychological Healthcare, will discuss
• identifying personal triggers that may lead to negative responses
• tips and tools for conflict resolution with children
• increasing awareness and insight to support better parenting
REGISTER HERE to receive the Zoom link.
STEVENSON LETTER SENT 12-7 TO PARENTS OF INCOMING 2021–22 FRESHMEN
Stevenson High School Director of Student Services Sarah Bowen sent an email to families of students in the SHS Class of 2025 with information about upcoming events and deadlines regarding course selection, extracurricular opportunities and more. READ HERE
DID YOU FIND YOUR STUDENT’S TRIMESTER 1 REPORT CARD ONLINE?
Trimester 1 student report cards issued Dec. 3 are available to view online. These INSTRUCTIONS will help you view your child’s report card and switch between multiple students in your family.
HELP RESTOCK THE PANTRY
Donations of the following pantry items from families able to do so are welcomed:
macaroni & cheese (cups or boxes) and Helper Meal Kits, canned foods (veggies/fruits/tuna/chicken/beans), granola bars, pasta sauce/pasta, cereals and oatmeal, and dried beans and rice.
Please deliver on weekdays when school is in session only to collection boxes outside the ELC front entrance, 990 Corporate Woods Parkway, Vernon Hills, from 8 AM–3 PM. Ring the doorbell if delivering perishable items or gift cards or if there is not a collection box outside the door. Please wear a mask and observe social distancing when delivering your donations
DISTRICT 96 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
District 96 has a significant and immediate need for substitute teachers and instructional aides. SEE DETAILS in Superintendent Julie Schmidt’s Oct. 13 Superintendent Message regarding qualifications, compensation, and links to apply.
Find info about programs and activities in the community in the KCSD96 VIRTUAL BACKPACK, including:
Long Grove Park District Rock’n’Kids Prerecorded Virtual Holiday Event (avail. Dec. 11–Jan. 4)
ComEd bill payment assistance options
BGRA Baseball Registration 20-21 Spring/Summer Season
Long Grove Park District Recreation Programs – Fall 2020 Updated
Vernon Area Public Library Teen Volunteering Online (Grades 7–12)
District 96 will communicate with you every Friday through E-NEWS 96 and through Principal’s Messages from each school in which you have a student enrolled. It’s important to read these messages weekly. Questions about KCSD96 communications? Call 847.459.4260, ext. 8022, or send email to the public info coordinator.