WELCOME TO THE COUNTRY MEADOWS PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION (PTO)
The Country Meadows Parent Teacher Organization supports the educational and social community of Country Meadows Elementary School.
Membership Information: All parents/guardians and Country Meadows staff are encouraged to join the Country Meadows PTO. Your participation is welcome at any level, whether it be simply becoming a member, attending a PTO meeting, volunteering to chair or be a member of a committee, or volunteering to work at a PTO school event.
Benefits of Becoming a Member: Research shows that when parents are involved in their children's education, the children are more likely to have better academic success, have better social skills, and be more positive in their attitude toward school. When parents get involved early in their children's education, the results are more pronounced and long-lasting. In addition to supporting your child, becoming a member has many benefits for YOU:
- It's a great way to meet other families with children the same age as your own.
- You will become a greater part of your children's early learning experiences!
- You'll get to know the teachers at school and to understand their needs and ideas.
- You can create, plan, and execute fun events for the whole family!
- You'll experience feelings of self-worth through volunteering your time and seeing your efforts pay off in the smiles of your children and their friends.
- You can help raise money for a great cause–your children's education!
- And finally, the Number One reason to join us... WE WANT YOU!
Ready to Become a Member? Get started by visiting the MEMBERSHIP TOOLKIT online. Once you've created an account online, you can also download the MEMBERSHIP TOOLKIT APP. Use the Membership Toolkit to:
- Register for the PTO (fees are paid annually)
– $10 family membership fee
– $3/child party fee
- Sign up for volunteer opportunities
– Special Lunch
– Dessert Day
– Spirit Wear
– School Supply Kits
Communication: The PTO strives to provide clear and current communication on upcoming events and activities through multiple platforms, including the Principal's Message weekly. Please note that the PTO cannot directly mass email or text families or send information home via students. Therefore, it's important to follow our communication platforms.
Please follow whichever platform best meets your needs, as all information will be posted weekly to each site during school months.
2020-2021 PTO Executive Board
- Co-President: Allison Halligan
- Co-President: Katie Roscher
- Co-Vice Presidents: Sarah Baker and Ashley Yoo
- Treasurer: Elizabeth Owens
- Secretary of Operations (Membership Toolkit): Kelly Friedrich
- Corresponding Secretary: Julia Cherner
- Recording Secretary: Heather Skuble
PTO Volunteer Resources:
For Room Parents/Party Helpers:
- Room Parent Guidelines
- Room Party Guidelines
- Approved Snack List
- Food Allergy Awareness & Guidelines for Volunteers