KCSD 96 iPad Loan Agreement
iPad 1:1 Initiative
Every student and parent/guardian participating in the KCSD 96 iPad Initiative must adhere to KCSD 96 Program Policies, Student Code of Conduct, Student Handbook, Acceptable Use Policy, Board policies, and federal/state laws.
For KCSD 96 1:1 iPad Initiative purposes, the technology device covered by this agreement is an iPad. One iPad, 18W USB-C power adapter, Lightning to USB-C cable, pencil, and case are being loaned to the student. It is the student's responsibility to care for the equipment on a daily basis and ensure that it is retained in a safe environment. The student will need to purchase or provide his or her own earbuds. Any technical or mechanical issues with the iPad must be reported to the school for evaluation and repair.
This equipment is–and at all times remains–the property of KCSD 96 and is subject to inspection. The equipment may be collected during the final week of school, or sooner if a student leaves, withdraws, is expelled, or goes to an alternative school from District schools prior to the end of the school year.
Your iPad is an important learning tool and is mainly for educational purposes, with some approved personal use allowed. In order to take the iPad home each day, each student must be willing to accept the following responsibilities:
- My iPad is my responsibility and I will not leave it in unsupervised areas.
- I will honor KCSD 96 Acceptable Use/Internet Safety Policy and the iPad Handbook guidelines when using the iPad at home and will not view, send, create, or download inappropriate material.
- I will bring the iPad to school every day with a fully charged battery.
- I will treat the iPad appropriately and will report any mechanical or technical issues immediately to the school.
- I will use my best efforts to ensure that the KCSD 96-owned iPad is not damaged, lost, or stolen while in my posession.
- I will not remove the school-issued iPad case from the iPad.
- I will not remove or modify the identification and inventory labels that have been placed on the iPad. I will not add stickers, labels, tags, or markings to the iPad.
- I will agree to use the iPad only for appropriate, legitimate, and responsible communications. I will not access unauthorized social media sites.
- I will keep my accounts and passwords secure and will not share these with any other students, siblings, or friends.
- I will not attempt to add, delete, access, or modify other user accounts on the iPad.
- I will take no action that could interfere with the KCSD 96 network.
- I will return the iPad in good working order when requested or upon leaving, expulsion, suspension, assignment to an alternate school, or withdrawal from KCSD 96.
Your student has been issued an iPad as a part of the KCSD 96 iPad 1:1 Initiative to improve and personalize his/her education this year. It is essential that the following guidelines be followed to ensure the safe, efficient, and ethical operation of this device:
- I will supervise my student's use of the iPad at home.
- I will discuss the Acceptable Use/Internet Safety Policy and iPad Handbook guidelines with my student.
- I will relay the expectations of KCSD 96 regarding the use of the Internet and email at home and will supervise my student's use of the Internet and email.
- I will ensure that my student reports any mechanical or technical issues to the school.
- I will ensure that my student understands the Student Responsibilities outlined in this loan agreement.
- I will periodically check my student's iPad for inappropriate content and/or applications.
- I agree that the iPad will be returned to the District when requested or upon my student's leaving, expulsion, suspension, assignment to an alternate school, or withdrawal from KCSD 96.
- I will reimburse the District for what is deemed intentional damage to any of the equipment.
On the annual online registration form, District 96 parents/guardians respond to the following statement:
"We agree to the terms above and accept responsibility for the KCSD 96-owned iPad."