District 96 is hiring substitutes & instructional aides.
Are you interested in earning at least $120 per day to ensure we are able to continue to offer in-person learning?
You must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education to be eligible for a substitute license.
- To apply for a substitute license issued by the Illinois State Board of Education see INFO.
- To apply to be a substitute in School District 96 click HERE.
Instructional Aides Needed
The District has 7 instructional aide positions open.
This is a 10-month position and works usually on days when students are in session; however, on some days this year instructional aides will work when students are learning asynchronously. Individuals must be eligible for a Paraprofessional license issued by the Illinois State Board of Education. Hourly rates begin at $19.57 an hour and include benefits.
Responsibilities: Assisting students who have specific identified needs to provide support in classrooms and supervising students during lunch and remote learning.
Requirements for a Paraprofessional License:
- At least 19 years of age
One of the following:
- Associate’s degree or higher
- 60 semester hours of college coursework
- High School Diploma or GED and a score of 460 or higher on the ETS Parapro
- High School Diploma or GED and the following scores on the ACT Workkeys:
- Applied Mathematics/Applied Math (with a score of 4)
- Reading for information/Workplace Documents (with a score of 4)
To apply to be an instructional aide in District 96 click HERE.
Questions? Call 847.459.4260, ext. 8015.