COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Available at Twin Groves Middle School for Ages 12+
Kildeer Countryside School District 96 (KCSD96)–in partnership with the Doctors Test Centers–is pleased to announce the availability of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at a COVID-19 Community Vaccination Clinic on Sat., May 22, or Wed., May 26, at Twin Groves Middle School (2600 N. Buffalo Grove Road, Buffalo Grove).
On Mon., May 10, the Food and Drug Administration issued an Emergency Use Authorization to Pfizer-BioNTech, which authorizes use of the vaccine for children ages 12–15.
Through a partnership with the Doctors Test Centers, KCSD96 has secured the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines to be made available to eligible individuals ages 12 and older.
The vaccine will be delivered in two doses. The first dose will be administered on Sat., May 22, by appointment only, from 10 AM–4 PM (with the second dose to be administered on Sat., June 12).
OR, the first dose will be administered on Wed., May 26, by appointment only, from 4:30–8 PM (with the second dose to be administered on Wed., June 16).
Appointments for the second dose will be scheduled after the first vaccine dose is administered.
- Vaccinations are by appointment only. There are no walk-up appointments available.
- A parent/guardian must accompany the registrant. The accompanying parent/guardian will need a photo ID.
- You can receive a vaccine at no cost–even if you do not have a photo ID for health insurance; however, if you are insured, please bring a copy of your insurance card.
- Second doses will be administered on Sat., June 12, or on Wed., June 16, at Twin Groves Middle School. A registrant must be available for both May 22/June 12 vaccines OR for May 26/June 16 vaccines. Schedule appointments online using this SELF-REGISTRATION LINK.
Once you register, you will receive an appointment confirmation email. Please complete your medical intake paperwork prior to your appointment to help ensure there are no delays when you arrive for your appointment.
At Your Appointment:
- Plan to arrive at Twin Groves Middle School (2600 N. Buffalo Grove Road, Buffalo Grove) ten minutes prior to your appointment. If you arrive earlier, please remain in your vehicle until ten minutes before your appointment.
- Bring your completed authorization documents and your insurance card with you.
- Parent/Guardian should bring their photo ID.
- You will not have to pay for the vaccine.
- After you receive your vaccination, you will need to wait a minimum of 15 minutes for observation.
Please contact the KCSD96 public information coordinator.