Twin Groves Middle School proudly salutes students who competed in the 2019 Illinois Science Olympiad State Tournament at the University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana) on Apr. 13.
Illinois Science Olympiad (ISO) is a non-profit devoted to improving the quality of science education, increasing student interest in science, and recognizing outstanding achievement in science education. Well-prepared and practiced teams from across Illinois made excelling at this event especially challenging.
Twin Groves students are celebrating outstanding results: an overall 6th-place finish among 50 middle school teams!
District 96 congratulates our student competitors and their sponsors who worked diligently throughout this school year to achieve this significant success.
• Mihir Putcha and Ali Hussain (Battery Buggy–3rd place)
• Ali Hussain and Srikar Venkatesan (Circuit Lab–3rd place)
• Harish Sathish and Aditya Ramesh (Crime Busters – 1st place)
• Mihir Putcha and Srikar Venkatesan (Density Lab– 1st place)
• Julie Kim, Vivi Sankar, and Jacob Edley (Experimental Design – 3rd place)
• Andrey Vlasov and Siddhant Sen (Fossils – 5th place)
• Tyler Li and Tyler Martini (Game On – 1st place)
• Jacob Edley and Andrey Vlasov (Meteorology – 4th place)
• Julie Kim and Vivi Sankar (Potions and Poisons – 5th place)
• Mihir Putcha and Julie Kim (Thermodynamics – 2nd place)