The home-school connection is important to a student's success.
District 96 communicates with parents (primary caregivers) consistently and frequently, using a variety of means:
- Principal's Messages–sent weekly to the parents of all enrolled students on Fridays when school is in session–provide info about academic and social/emotional focuses, assessments and progress reports, student highlights, and opportunities for parent involvement and education. They include a link to the school Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO) and the District Music Booster blog archives with parent volunteer opportunities.
- E-NEWS 96–sent weekly to the parents of all enrolled students on Fridays when school is in session and periodically in the summer–provides parents with info about district programs (e.g., summer school), calendar events, food service, Board of Education meetings agendas/action, community-wide opportunities for extra-curricular involvement, and highlights classroom learning and student activities in all District schools.
- Superintendent Messages–sent approximately monthly to the parents of all enrolled students–inform regarding curricular decisions/best practicies and highlight District celebrations and opportunities for parent involvement.
- State of the District Report–presented annually in July to the Board of Education and shared with the District community–is a comprehensive report prepared by the superintendent including celebrations, highlights from all District departments, progress toward District goals, and recommended goals for the year ahead.
- Website–an accessible resource for info about curriculum, educational services, District policies and procedures, health requirements, registration info, calendar, and school-based activities and volunteer opportunities.
- Messaging System–sends emails, phone calls, and–as warranted (to those who have opted in)–text messages to inform the parents of all enrolled students of a school closing or other significant change in routine OPT IN TO RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES
- Mobile App–free downloadable tool for convenient smartphone access to the District and school websites, reminders, calendars, menus, schedules, weekly communications, and more MORE INFO/DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
- Community Report–print communication prepared periodically and mailed to District residents, businesses, and stakeholders, including state-of-the-District info such as student achievement data, fiscal rating, long-term goals, and celebrations.
Please direct questions about District 96 communications and the website to the public information coordinator or call 847.459.4260, ext. 8022.