It's going to be a great school year!
We're looking forward to welcoming our District 96 students–new and returning–to school on Wed., Aug. 15.
Stay tuned! More news to follow...
Please watch for our Friday email communications from the District (E-NEWS 96) and the school principals (Principal's Messages) to begin on Fri., Aug. 3.
INFO to know...
• Classroom teacher assignment/Middle School schedule/Middle School locker number & combination/Bus info communication–Thurs., Aug. 9, after 4 PM
As begun last year, KCSD96 will use email to send this info. These emails will be sent to both parent email addresses that were provided by registering parents through online registration. Check for these emails on Aug. 9 after 4 PM.
If you do not receive this info by email on Aug. 9, one or more of the following might be the reason:
– The school nurse does not have your student's required health info
– Required registration payment has not yet been received for families who selected "check" as their method of payment
• Meet the Teacher–Tues., Aug. 14
Willow Grove students and Grades 1–5 may meet their teacher and bring school supplies. Parents who PREpurchased school supply kits from the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) will find them in their child's classroom.
Grades 1–5: 8:30–9:30 AM at elementary schools
Kindergarten, Early Childhood Blended-AM, & Structured students: 10–11 AM at Willow Grove
Early Childhood Blended-PM: 11:30–12:30 at Willow Grove
• Middle School Locker Set-Up–Tues., Aug. 14
Students in Grades 6–8 may bring school supplies, organize their lockers, practice locker combinations, and walk their class schedule to locate classrooms. Parents who PREpurchased school supply kits from the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) will find them at the middle school.
Grades 6–8: 4–7 PM at Twin Groves and Woodlawn Middle Schools
• First Day of School for all District 96 students: Wed., Aug. 15
This is also an Early Release Day. Students will be dismissed on the following schedule:
Full-day kindergarten and Grades 1–5 dismiss at 2 PM.
Grades 6–8 dismiss at 1:30 PM.
Willow Grove Blended Early Childhood AM students attend 8:45–10:45 AM
Willow Grove Blended Early Childhood PM students attend Noon–2 PM
• Curriculum Night for Parents
Please plan ahead and make a note of the date and time scheduled by school and (as applicable), by grade level.